Want to eat something highly nutritious that tastes great? Try my ginger-cinnamon-oatmeal recipe! When breaking a 14-16 hour intermittent fast, one of my favorite foods to eat is oatmeal. It’s easy on the stomach and has a lot of great nutrients that your body needs. It also helps strengthen the immune system, which could help the body fight off sickness and disease.
Oatmeal Health Benefits
Oatmeal isn’t just for kids. Take a look at these health benefits:
- Highly nutritious. Oatmeal contain magnesium, phosphorous, iron, zinc, B vitamins, copper, manganese, and small amounts of calcium and potassium.
- High in protein. Oatmeal is high in protein (13 grams), low in fat (5 grams), high in fiber (8 grams), and a great source of healthy carbs (51 grams).
- Good source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals and protect against cell damage.
- Relieve constipation. The high fiber content in oatmeal could help ease constipation and decrease the need to use laxatives.
- Improve heart health. Oatmeal is believed to help lower bad cholesterol levels.
- Help control blood sugar. Oatmeal could help lower blood sugar levels.
- Great for weight loss. Oatmeal is low in calories but very filling, which could help in weight loss programs.
Nutrients and Health Benefits of Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon
Not only do they taste great, but ginger, honey and cinnamon have been used for thousands of years to treat a variety of health issues. Here are a few of the amazing health benefits of each:
|Ginger Benefits||Raw Honey Benefits||Cinnamon Benefits|
|Relieve sore throats||Improves digestion||Helps reduce blood pressure|
|Detoxify the body||Strengthens the immune system||Anti-inflammatory|
|Heartburn relief||High in antioxidants/mineral/|
|Eases bloating and gas||Anti-bacterial/anti-viral|
|Helps with morning sickness||Heals cuts and sores/|
|Increases resistance to colds and flu||Boosts energy||Helps improve bone strength|
Countless studies have been conducted on the health benefits of honey, cinnamon and ginger:
Ginger. A study on Type 2 diabetic patients found that ginger “reduced fasting plasma glucose, HbA1C, insulin, HOMA, triglyceride, and total cholesterol levels. ”
Honey. Honey has been shown to “have potent inhibitory activity against the influenza virus, demonstrating a potential medicinal value.“
Cinnamon. Studies show cinnamon “improves FBG in people with type 2 diabetes or prediabetes.“
Ginger and cinnamon are just two of the amazing spices that can be added to the diet. Order these and a variety of other spices and healthy ingredients on Amazon today:
Call To Action
This is just a small sample of benefits obtained from eating oatmeal with honey, cinnamon and ginger. By adding them to your diet, you could improve your health in a variety of ways. A strong immune system is the first line of defense against illness and disease. In addition, it’s critical we provide our bodies with the nutrients it needs to function properly. Give oatmeal a try. Your body will thank you.
A strong mind and strong body go hand in hand. Get more great tips on healthy eating in my books The Three Pillars of Strength: Improving Your Physical, Mental and Spiritual Fitness, and The Diet of Success: Healthy Eating Tips For Hard Working Professionals. Both available on Amazon in paperback, eBook and audible formats.