It’s that time of year: the season of gaining weight. And thanks to the stress eating caused by the covid pandemic, the probability of gaining weight increases even more.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are two simple things you can do to decrease your risk of gaining weight:
- Eat 2 meals per day, with no snacking between meals;
- Go outside and walk (or other forms of exercise) for 15 minutes each day.
Just 15 minutes per day can help a person stay on track.
Here’s another important point: When eating in this manner, you don’t have to count calories. Just eat normally, and eat until full. When I eat this way, I eat later in the day, and I NEVER go to bed hungry. this is NOT a starvation diet; you’re simply not eating as often.
Another way to maintain your weight is to simply take a walk outside for 15-20 minutes. This will get the blood flowing and burn a few calories as well. This simple tip could be the difference between gaining weight during the holidays or simply maintaining your weight.
If it’s too cold to exercise outdoors, the following exercises can be done from the comforts of your own home:
- Jumping jacks
- Skipping rope
- Jump squats
- Walking lunges
- Mountain climbers
- Wall sits
Note: Make sure you eat plenty of fruits and veggies daily. These are key to maintaining good health.
Having a plan of action is key during both the pandemic and holiday season. Get more tips in my books and online courses:
- The Diet of Success: Healthy Eating Tips Not Taught in School,
- The Three Pillars of Strength: Increasing Your Physical, Mental and Spiritual Fitness.
- The Diet of Success: Healthy Eating Tips For Hard Working Professionals.